If books could talk


promoting our upcoming book, Good Grief People, and others in Arthur, Ontario



I love books and libraries. Is it any wonder that I have a shelf full of them? Make it shelves for I have several. I've begun to give books away after I read them, or loan them and not worry about the return. Except for certain books, and anthologies in which I had some part.

Imagine walking into a library where the books have voices, the voice of the author reading them. Instead of quiet library it could be rather noisy. Maybe not the best place to read, but...

Here we go:


 If Books Could Talk

Silent libraries
shelve
rows and rows
of books
          
spines exposed
      to grab wandering
           explorers
philosophers
poets
dreamers
        builders  with hammers waiting

if books had voices
       the walls would thunder
       with ten thousand voices
       asserting    proclaiming     entertaining
       louder than cheering fans
at a championship game

            but they wait
row
upon row
in silent bindings
for someone
to open the cover




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Last Moonlight

The Editor Falls Asleep

Deep into Winter