Bold Orange

 This poem came about in October 2018 (published the following year) when I drove up the street in Stratford on my way to visit Mom in the hospital. The leaves had been falling and many were still cloaked in reds and oranges.

It was the orange ones that stood out that day, against the blue sky, on the ground. I can't wear orange myself, but for those who can, it conjures up the word bold. And this poem.

And I think I had someone in mind when I wrote about courage.


Bold Orange


Bold orange colours the sky

the hue of her brightness

daring

and courage


It isn't everyday you see that kind of daring

squaring with the universe

and speaking of courage

doing her best with what she has

more than most who have more

she colours the sky with her gratitude


Summer 2019 Volume 68 No. 1 Tower Poetry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Last Moonlight

The Editor Falls Asleep

Deep into Winter